- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Some users are reporting that Windows Update fails to update due to Error 0x80004005. This error occurs when there’s a problem with the assembly files. Fixing this issue requires downloading the correct version of.NET Framework 4.6 or later.
What causes error 0x80073701 in Windows Update?
Windows 10 users are often faced with the dreaded error code 0x80073700 when trying to update their operating system. This error typically occurs because of an improper shutdown of the PC while installing the latest version of Windows. In some cases, it could even occur due to malware infections.
To fix this issue, run the following command line: “wusa /uninstall/forcereboot”. If this doesn’t work, contact Microsoft support.
0x80073701 Windows Updates could not be installed.
0x80073701 is a generic error code used by Microsoft Windows Update. This error code usually occurs due to one of the following reasons:
1. A system file is missing or corrupt.
2. An application conflicts with another program.
3. You are running out of space on your hard disk.
4. Your Internet connection is down.
5. There is a problem with the network adapter.
6. You don’t have enough memory.
1] Run DISM Tool
Microsoft released KB4497935 today to address the issue. If you still see the “The specified module could not be found.” error message, try running DISM.exe again. This tool allows you to uninstall Windows 10 apps, drivers, and features that are no longer needed. You can download it here.
If you’re having trouble uninstalling the app, make sure to run DISM.exe, not just DISM.msu.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
2] Run System File Checker
To repair corruptions in system file, you should always use advanced recovery options like Safe Mode. If you cannot run it, you can download SFC_fixmbr.zip from our website. You can also use the following instructions to repair corrupted Windows Registry.
When you try to boot into windows normally, you will see an error message “Windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software changemight be the cause.Try runningchkdskmanually.”This tool helps to fix problemswithregistryentries,whichareimportantfortheworkingofwindowsoperatingsystems.
3] Empty the folder where software is distributed.
This method works if you don’t want to install any software. If you do want to install software, there are some additional steps involved.
If you are having problems installing Windows 10 apps, it could be because of one of the following reasons:
1] Your computer might be infected with malware. Malware can cause issues with Windows Update, causing it to fail to download updates or even prevent Windows 10 from updating altogether. To check whether your system is infected, use Reimage Plus Free.
2] Your Windows Store account might be blocked due to suspicious activity. In this case, you will need to contact Microsoft Support to resolve the issue.
3] The Windows Store might be missing certain files required for installation. These files include the.appx package file, the.msu package file, and the.appxbundle file. To fix this problem, follow our guide on how to repair corrupted Windows Store applications.
4] A third party program might be preventing Windows 10 from downloading updates. Check out our guide on how to uninstall unwanted programs.
5] The.NET Framework might be outdated. Updating the framework allows Windows 10 to download and install newer versions of apps. To update the framework, open the Start menu and type “Windows Update”. Then restart your computer.
4] Clean Boot State Windows Update
If you are experiencing issues with Windows Updates, it could be because of a third party application. If you want to troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below.
1. Disable the following apps:
a. Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
b. Microsoft OneDrive
c. Microsoft Edge
d. Microsoft Store
e. Microsoft Solitaire Collection
5] Check logs and remove patches
Error 0x80073701 is a Windows error code used to indicate that the system cannot find one or more required components. This error code is typically caused by a problem with the installation package itself. If you see Error 0x8007371, it could mean that there is a problem with the patch installer. You can use the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:
1] Check the event viewer for errors relating to the patch installer.
2] Open the command prompt window and run the following commands:
3] Run the patch installer again.
4] Restart the computer.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of installing security software?
• Security software helps protect your computer against viruses, spyware, malware, and other malicious threats.
• Some security solutions offer additional features such as firewall protection, parental controls, spam filtering, anti-spyware, backup utilities, and data encryption.
How do I know if my computer needs updating?
• If you notice anything unusual while browsing the web or performing everyday tasks, it might be a good idea to check your browser’s Help menu for instructions on how to update your browser.
• If you use Windows 10, make sure to regularly scan your operating system for potential problems. This includes checking for updates and running scans for malware.