- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
ITunes users are often asked, “When I try to download purchased iTunes music, I see error 0x80090318.” This error occurs when you manage your iOS device using iTunes. Typically, this is because you may have unknowingly interrupted your computer’s operating system. If you see iTunes error 0x80090318 on your PC or Mac screen, it could be for one of the following reasons. Therefore, we will discuss here the possible reasons why this error is fixed and the solutions to fix the respective causes.
This is something we often overlook and apparently is one of the reasons why you may encounter iTunes error 0x80090318. To fix this specific problem, make sure your network connection is working. Otherwise, try connecting to another WiFi or network provider.
If the error is found after a specific update or installation, the reason is that the update or installation has been corrupted. The installation or update of iTunes may also be incomplete. In these cases, uninstall the application and restart the computer.
Make Sure your Internet Connection is Working
Sometimes we don’t notice, but the internet may be down or down due to a router malfunction. It is best to check whether other internet functions are working. So try one of these methods to make sure your internet connection is working properly.
- Check whether your browser loads other websites such as Google or Youtube.
- Check that the network connection is available and go to Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center to see the access type “Internet access” or “Internet access”.
Therefore, if you have problems with the entire network connection, you will need to fix this problem first to continue. If everything goes well and you see iTunes error 0x80090318, you can follow these instructions to fix it.
Perform Network Reset
- Find CMD under Accessories in all programs.
- Right click and select “Run as administrator”.
- Enter next: netsh winsock reset
- Now restart your PC.
Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
Uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes program can be an effective way to fix error 0x80090318.
Follow the steps below.
- Click the “Start” button
- Go to the control panel
- Programs and functions
- Find iTunes
- Highlight Uninstall / Change in the menu bar at the top to remove the program.
Clear the DNS Cache
In fact, error code 0x80090318 can be caused by an inconsistency in the Domain Name System (DNS) network, which affects the communication between iTunes and the external application server.
If this scenario is true, use an elevated command prompt to build a DNS cache. Several affected users have confirmed that this potential fix enables them to fix the problem and clear iTunes error code 0x80090318.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “cmd” in the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open an elevated command prompt. After requesting User Account Control (UAC), click Yes to grant administrator privileges.
- In the elevated command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter to clear the computer’s DNS cache:
- ipconfig / flushdns
- Note: This command essentially removes all information currently stored in the DNS cache and forces the router to assign new information.
- After the process has successfully completed, close the elevated command prompt. Then repeat the action that caused the iTunes error and check if the problem is resolved.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.