- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
The iTunes Library.itl file is a database of the songs in your library and the playlists you create. It is very important to keep track of the media files added to iTunes and to organize the iTunes media files. Some users see the error “Files cannot be saved in the iTunes library” in iTunes. Here we list some common iTunes library files that cannot be saved, errors, and possible solutions to fix them.
- Restart iTunes by holding the Alt key.
- This time choose the “Select Library” option and choose the main library.
Now there are no temporary files in the iTunes folder and the problem should be fixed. You can save your file without getting the error message again.
Remove the Temporary Cached File from the File Explorer
The second method requires you to try Disk Cleanup on the drive where iTunes is originally stored. Access is via the properties of this device in Windows Explorer. In this case, the permissions may have changed in some way. Check the write permission and, for example, the read-only settings for the file.
Sometimes a network problem can also cause iTunes download to temporarily stop. In this case, you will need to delete the cached file before trying to download iTunes again.
- If iTunes is open, exit the program. Press the Windows key on the keyboard. If your keyboard does not have a Windows key, press the Ctrl and Esc keys.
- Click the zoom icon or the search box. In the search box, type% USERPROFILE% \ Music. Open iTunes> iTunes Media. If you have an old iTunes library, you may see an iTunes music folder instead of an iTunes media folder.
- Open downloads. Drag all files from the folder to the trash.
- Open iTunes. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Accounts> Find Available Downloads.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. Click Check. Your music will be downloaded to your iTunes library.
Sometimes reinstalling iTunes can solve most iTunes error problems because the iTunes media file cannot be saved. 13010. Follow the steps below to reinstall iTunes on your computer.
- First reinstall iTunes on your computer.
- Make a backup of your iTunes files.
- Remove duplicate files manually.
- If the deleted files still exist, select them to delete them.
- Now restore the backup.
Change the Windows 10 Controlled Folder Access Settings
When controlled folder access is enabled in Windows 10, prevent a program from writing to standard Windows folders like documents, pictures, videos, music, etc. It is necessary to manually authorize each program to write to these directories.
Fortunately, when an app tries to access a folder that has been locked, it will appear in a recently locked list and you can simply select it to give it access.
- First click on Start and then on Settings.
- Then click Update and Security.
- In the left column, click Windows Security. In the next right pane, click the Open Windows Security button.
- Now click on Virus and threat protection in the right or left area.
- Scroll down the right pane until the Manage Settings link appears under the Virus and threat protection settings heading.
- You’ll see many different options here, but keep scrolling until you reach Watched Folders and click the Manage link.
- Click the Authorize application through controlled folder access link.
- You will receive a security popup asking if you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer. Click yes. Here is a list of the apps and their locations that have been granted access.
- Click the Add an authorized app button above. When you click on it, you’ll see an option called Recently Blocked Apps.
- If you’ve just closed iTunes, you should see that the best application is the iTunes executable (itunes.exe). If not, you can reopen iTunes and view the error. Then return to this window. You can also just click Search All Apps and manually navigate to the EXE file.
- Simply click the + button to add the app, then click Close. Open iTunes now and your error will go away! Damn it! There have been many steps, but luckily you only have to do it once.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.