- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Google Chrome fans are used to surfing the web smoothly and feel privileged because of the speed and special benefits they receive. No wonder that the software dominates the global web browser niche with a market share of over 60% in 2019. But even in such a demanding environment, things don’t always go as planned. Sometimes Chrome users encounter error messages saying “Failed – Virus scan failed” when trying to download any file from the Internet.
This is the browser’s answer to situations in which it is not possible to check the origin of a particular download, including the details of its publisher and the security certificate of the website from which it came. Because these basic scans are unsuccessful, Chrome cannot scan the item for viruses. Ideally, this occurrence is the exception rather than the rule and should be extremely rare. But what if “virus scan failed” errors become the norm associated with every instance of a file download?
Update Chrome to the Latest Version
The Chrome browser is constantly updated to keep up with the ever-evolving technological advances and to correct known bugs. The current error may appear if you’re using an outdated version of Chrome. In this case, updating Chrome to the latest version can fix the problem.
- Open Google Chrome and click the vertical ellipsis (3 vertical dots) in the upper right corner. Then click Settings in the menu that appears.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the left pane and click “About Chrome.”
- Now check in the right window area whether an update is available.
- After the update, click the Restart button and check if Chrome can scan for malware.
Clear Cookies and Cache Information
Although cache and cookie files store information on web pages that is useful for loading them faster in subsequent sessions, a corrupted one of these files can cause functional problems. of the browser.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
In such a situation, Google Chrome cache and cookie files can be deleted as follows:
- Press Ctrl + H to open the history window in Google Chrome.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the Clear Browsing History window, select Hourly Time Interval.
- Check the boxes for the cache and cookie files.
- Select Clear Data to clear the cache and cookie files.
Restart your browser and check if that solves the problem.
Scan PC Manually using Chrome Virus Scanner
To fix the search error, you need to scan your PC manually with Chrome Virus Scanner.
- Open Google Chrome
- To access the menu, click on 3 small dots in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced”
- Under Repair and Clean Up, click Clean up your computer.
- Now click on Search.
- When prompted to remove unwanted software, click Remove.
- Restart your computer.
Google Chrome finds malicious software and removes it from your computer.
Reinstall the Chrome Browser
If nothing has helped you so far, the installation of the browser itself will most likely be damaged and could be at the root of the problem discussed. In this regard, reinstalling the Chrome browser can fix the problem.
Here you are, the download shows no errors like virus scan or search failed. To make sure your computer is virus free. Install a good antivirus and remove various types of malware such as viruses, adware, trojans, rootkits, etc. and any conflicting program.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.