- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Error code 0x800c0005 occurs in Windows after a native or third-party activity has failed after having trouble downloading files. In most cases, this problem is related to an error with multiple Dynamic Link Library (.DDL) files. However, the same error code is also reported on Xbox One.
OneDrive for Business or Personal Use
Make sure you don’t use an AD account or sign in to the corporate network when signing in to your personal OneDrive account as there are rules that restrict activities that can’t connect to the Internet. .
Deactivate the Proxy via the Registry Editor
- Open the registry editor and go to:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Create a new DWORD named EnableAutoproxyResultCache and set the data value to 0 to disable the automatic proxy caching.
- Restart the PC.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Check your NAT Settings on Xbox One
The following error code appears when you try to play a song or video on the Xbox One console or the Xbox app:
This may mean that the Internet connection between the console or Xbox device and the other service is failing. This is often the result of incompatible NAT (Network Address Translation) types.
To solve this problem, we first check the current NAT type. In order to do this:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile and System> Settings> General> Network Settings.
- In the current network status, the NAT type field shows your current NAT type.
The NAT type must be open to solve this problem. You also want to make sure that no errors such as Double NAT or UPnP failed are detected.
Disable a Third-party Firewall
According to some interested users, this problem can also occur due to an overprotective AV suite that blocks the connection to the external server and generates the error code 0x8004005.
If you are using a third-party suite, you should uninstall it before trying the currently flawed procedure and checking if that solves the problem. Note that disabling real-time protection is probably not enough as the same security rules will remain in effect even if the primary AV service is disabled.
If this scenario is true and you are using a third-party firewall that you believe is causing the problem, uninstall the security program along with the remaining files completely.
Then restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved the next time you start the computer.
Ask the System Administrator to Remove the Restrictions
If you’re using OneDrive for Business, this error message usually indicates that there is a problem with the connection at the company. You need to contact your company’s system administrator to find out whether the connection to OneDrive is blocked or restricted. Once the restriction is lifted, OneDrive should be able to go through the internet and connect.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.