- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Computer memory is a physical device that stores information. There are two types: 1) memory in which information such as RAM is temporarily stored, and; 2) a memory that stores information permanently like a hard drive. A Microsoft Windows warning message may appear if there is a memory problem, indicating that the system is low on memory.
The “Your device is low on memory” warning usually indicates that one or more specific processes are using more memory than your computer can provide. You can add both temporary and permanent storage to your computer, but this isn’t the only way to get around this warning. The warning message offers a solution: To restore enough memory for programs to function properly, you must save the files and then close or restart all open programs. This is good advice. If you open the programs again, the same warning may appear.
As mentioned earlier, buying and adding more memory (RAM chip) will physically solve the problem. However, if this is not an option, there are other methods that are described below.
End any Process that Uses Too Much Memory
Some processes that take up too much memory can cause computer memory errors in Windows 10. Terminals to fix them.
Note: except for system processes.
- Press and hold the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard, and then press the Esc key to open Task Manager.
- The process at the top of the list uses the most memory. Then right-click on the process name and select End.
Now check whether the warning is still displayed.
Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10
If the problem of lack of memory occurs frequently, the virtual memory can be increased. That’s how it’s done:
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
- Press the Windows logo and the X at the same time.
- Click on System
- Click Advanced System Settings, and then in the Advanced area, under System Properties, click Settings.
- In the expanded area, click Edit
- Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box. Check your custom sizes. Set the initial size and the maximum size correctly.
- Click Define and OK
- This should help you use your programs’ memory. Windows allocates more memory to the files.
Perform a Full System Scan
Malicious files can warn you that your computer is low on memory. The same programs will then ask you to download various dedicated software to solve the insufficient memory problem.
Of course, this is nothing more than a scam and you don’t need to download or install anything on your Windows 10 PC.
In this case, all you need is a powerful antivirus and anti-malware tool. Perform a full computer scan to remove malware.
You can use Windows Integrated Antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions. We recommend Bitdefender as it is the world’s leading anti-virus program and offers many useful functions and protection tools.
To do a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start> type “Defender”> double click on Windows Defender to start the tool
- Select the shield icon in the left pane
- In the new window, click the Advanced Scan option
- Select the Full Scan option to run a full scan for system malware.
If a virus or malware infection was the original cause of the problem, the pop-up window with insufficient memory should disappear after using a security tool.
Disable Startup Programs
Sometimes, when there are many launches, you may not have enough memory in your computer. Here we recommend that you deactivate these start programs. Let’s take Windows 10 as an example.
- You must press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter msconfig and click Enter.
- On the Home tab, click Open Task Manager and right-click a program to select Disable.
Are you getting the message “Your computer is low on memory” in Windows 7/8/10? If you are bothered by the low storage error, don’t panic. This article provides four helpful solutions to fix your computer’s memory problem. Try them out one by one.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.