- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Microsoft has returned to its origins with Windows 10, adding the successor to its now defunct Internet Explorer browser: Microsoft Edge. It is intended to completely replace the old Microsoft browser, but compares users with a completely new user interface.
Although Microsoft has been around for a few years, Microsoft Edge is still the new baby on the market, which means fixing bugs, learning unknown controls, and solving problems. Don’t worry if you are frustrated with the latest Microsoft browser or have serious problems.
Microsoft Edge provides a PDF highlighter feature that can highlight PDF text in one of four colors: blue, green, yellow, and pink. You can simply select text from a PDF file and use the context menu to highlight that text. Although the functionality works properly, there may be occasional problems if you are unable to highlight PDF in the Microsoft Edge browser.
Make Microsoft Edge your Default PDF Reader
- Go to Settings and click Applications – Standard Applications
- Tap Select default links by file type
- Scroll down and select the app as the default for PDF. Then choose Microsoft Edge
- When you’re done, double-click the PDF document and review your situation again
Update your Microsoft Edge Browser to the Latest Version
You may be using an older version that is causing the Microsoft Edge highlighter issue. In this case, simply update your browser to the latest version.
- To do this, open the “Settings and more” menu of the Edge browser using the “Alt + F” link. You can also click these three horizontal dots in the top right corner to open this menu. In this menu, click the Settings option.
- On the Settings page, select About Microsoft Edge.
- Updates are now checked. When updates are available, the Microsoft Edge update starts automatically. Wait a few seconds.
- When the update is complete, click the Restart button.
When restarting the browser, open a PDF file and try to highlight it. This should solve the problem. If not, you can try other options.
Remove Restrictions when Editing PDF Files
It is possible that the PDF file you want to highlight has restrictions or editing permissions. In this case, the PDF file is read-only. No changes can be made to this PDF. You can select text in PDF format, but Microsoft Edge’s highlighting won’t work if content editing is restricted.
In this case, you must remove the editing permissions from this PDF file. There are some free software and services that you can use to remove these permissions / restrictions from a PDF document.
Once the permissions to edit content have been removed, PDF can be highlighted using the Microsoft Edge browser.
Clear your Microsoft Edge Browser Data
Uncheck the option to search Microsoft Edge data and check if the problem occurs. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click the More Actions icon next to the comment icon in the upper right corner of Project Spartan’s homepage.
- Choose Settings and click Choose what to delete.
- Select the check boxes Browsing history, cookies and saved website data, cached data and files and click on delete.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.