- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
STOP 0x0000008E is basically the error code that appears in the STOP message. This STOP message is also commonly referred to as the blue screen of death or BSOD for short. Typically, when this error occurs, the user receives these messages.
“STOP: 0x0000008E” or “KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED”
These errors are often caused by errors in the storage hardware. However, viruses, hardware failures, or device driver problems can also cause them.
If they see this error code, but Windows can successfully repair it, users will see the message “Windows has been recovered from an unexpected shutdown.”
While running the installer, you may see a Stop error message that looks like this:
- STOP 0x0000008e
- STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
One or more of the following errors can be displayed in the STOP message:
- STOP: 0x0000008E
Whatever the cause of these errors, it is imperative to take action as soon as the error occurs.
Update your computer with the latest service pack / update.
By updating your PC to the latest service pack or by installing the latest updates, you can be sure that your PC system will not run into problems that could cause the 0x0000008E error. Microsoft is constantly updating Windows to fix a large number of bugs. Therefore, it is always good to get the latest updates that you can find.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
To make sure you have the latest updates, you need to use Windows Update, which is done:
- Click Start> All Programs> Windows Update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
This should allow you to get the latest updates on your system and protect you from 0x0000008E errors.
Minidump files can help you diagnose BSOD problem.
To make sure minidumps are enabled:
- Go to Start and type sysdm.cpl. Press the Enter key.
- On the Advanced tab, click Start and restore settings.
- Make sure automatic restart is not enabled.
- In the “Write debug information” section, select the “Small memory dump (256 KB)” option from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the small dump directory is listed as% systemroot% \ Minidump.
- Okay, go away.
- Reboot if any changes have been made.
Check for hard drive problems
- Click Start
- Go to the computer
- Right-click the main drive where Windows 7 is installed and select Properties.
- Go to the Tools tab and then click Check Now in the Error Checking section.
- Select Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for bad sectors and try to repair them.
- Click Start
Check for memory problems
- Click Start
- Click on Control Panel
- Enter “repository” in the search box
- In the list of results, click “Diagnose your computer’s memory problems.”
- Follow the instructions below on the screen.
Remove New Hardware
If you have installed new hardware or made changes to it, it may cause STOP error 0x0000008E.
New hardware may not be compatible with your RAM or motherboard. Try uninstalling or reconfiguring the hardware you just installed to resolve the error.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.