There are a number of reasons why you could be encountering issues with WdFilter.sys. Most SYS file problems are related to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. These types of WdFilter.sys errors can be cause by hardware problems, outdated firmware, corrupt drivers, or other software-related (eg.Windows update) issues. Some of these errors are:
- WdFilter.sys not found.
- WdFilter.sys could not be loaded.
- The WdFilter.sys file is missing or corrupt.
- Windows failed to start – WdFilter.sys.
Enable Downloading in Safe Mode or Enable Low Resolution Video
Try downloading the network in safe mode or turning on low-resolution video.
Hold down the Shift key while pressing the “Restart” button on the login screen (bottom right corner).
- Select “Troubleshooting” and press “Advanced Options”.
- Select “Launch Options” and press “Restart”.
- After restarting, select “Enable safe mode with network video” or “Low resolution”.
Also check the Device Manager and find the display adapters.
- If 2 dots appear below the graphics card, turn off the built-in graphics card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart the computer. (Try the opposite if it does not work).
- If the Video Card section shows 1 item, cancel the driver or uninstall the graphics card in Device Manager and enable uninstalling the driver software.
Turn off Windows Defender and Disable Real-time Protection
- Press the button in the menu bar, which looks like a small up arrow. Look for a symbol to draw.
- If you can’t find this icon, just type Windows Protector in Windows Search (click on the Start menu and type this phrase in the search box at the bottom of the menu).
- After you open Windows Protector, go to Settings.
- You must disable the real-time protection.
Updating Windows Defender
Step 1. First, go to Cortana, type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter. You can also click the shield icon in the taskbar to launch the program.
Step 2: When the tool appears, select the Virus & Threat Protection option.
Step 3. This menu displays the status of your virus. You will be automatically informed about new updates.
Step 4: Now press Windows + I at the same time to open Windows settings.
Step 5: Now click on Update & Security. After reaching the age listed below, click the Check for Updates button in the right pane. The system will automatically download all available PC updates.
Run Driver Verification
Start an elevated command prompt using one of your preferred methods. When User Account Control prompts you to continue, click Yes.
Then type or copy the reviewer to the black box and press Enter to run the command.
In the Driver Verifier Manager window, select the Create default settings check box. Click Next.
Now select the option “Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer” and complete the verification process.
You will receive a message about the status of each driver. Follow the instructions on the screen to fix the problem.