- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
There is no doubt that Google Chrome is currently the most commonly used web browser. The web browser is available on almost all major platforms including Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, etc. E. As with any other web browser, Google Chrome also has a few bugs. One of these errors is known as error 6 (net: :). ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND).
What is the error 6 (net :: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)?
Usually ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND occurs in Chrome when users try to open a particular website or website. In most cases, the error occurs due to extensions of Chrome. In this case, disabling the extension which causes web browser to display error message ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND may solve the problem.
The error also occurs due to corrupted Chrome data files or extension installer files. Here are some of the best methods you can use to quickly fix the bug report.
Remove the default extension from the tab
Expanding the default tab of your Chrome browser may be the real culprit for this error. This is a browser hijacker that comes with free software that can change your browser settings without your permission. If you remove this extension, you can find it in the list of extensions the next time you open the “Extensions” tab.
- Open the Control Panel first to get started.
- After opening, select “Programs and Components” from the list of all Control Panel items.
- Now find the Standard tab among all the applications listed there.
- When you find the application, right-click on it and select “Delete”.
- When User Account Control appears on the screen, click Yes.
- Click “Uninstall” again to uninstall the application with no recovery option.
- Now open your Chrome browser and go to the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the three dots icon and select Options from the list of options.
- Select Extensions from the left side pane and remove the extension from the Standard tab.
- When you are done, visit the website again and see if this solves the problem.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Determine which extension is causing the problem, and remove it.
If your Chrome list of extensions does not include the standard extension on the tab, the only plausible explanation is that an extension other than the standard extension on the tab causes error 6. In that case, you should:
- Open Google Chrome. Click the “Hamburger Menu” button in the upper right corner of the window. Click Settings.
- On the left pane, go to Extensions. Disable and deactivate all existing Chrome extensions in the right pane. Activate any extension, restart Chrome and see if error 6 is still present. If you don’t see bug 6 as it was before, then the extension you enabled is not the cause. If so, repeat these steps over and over again, each time activating a different extension number.
- The reason is that error 6 occurs when only this option is enabled. Once you have determined which extension is the culprit, go back to Extensions and remove it by clicking the Trash icon next to the Enable checkbox and clicking Delete to confirm the action.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click “Configure Google Chrome” to open the browser menu.
- Select Settings to open the tab below.
- Scroll to the end of the tab and click “Advanced” to view more options.
- Scroll the tab a little further to the Reset option. Click Reset, and then click Reset to confirm.
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings may also be a good solution for error 6. This will disable extensions and Chrome themes and remove temporary data.
Google Chrome extensions are the best resource for developers to create extensions for browsers. Extension development is also based on coding, so there are often errors during development. Today we are discussing one of these common errors, namely ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. This error usually occurs when we want to add a file or script into the Chrome extension. Chrome cannot select a file and then displays the error ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.