- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Sometimes the simple things are the best. Take a tiny notepad on a Windows PC, for example. It has been a part of Microsoft Windows computers for over two decades. Unfortunately, the future of Notepad looks unpredictable. We say this because many Windows 10 users reported that the laptop is missing from their PC.
If you are among the victims, you can restore Notepad using the Advanced Features screen, although we should treat Notepad as anything but optional. Losing it would be like seeing a beloved animal with an unhappy end (knowing that it is long gone).
While Notepad is mainly used to remove all the tedious formatting associated with copied text these days, a small part has been cracked in recent versions of Windows 10 as it was part of the Windows inbox since Windows 1.0. in 1985
Other known issues in this release include issues with Xbox controllers, dimming screens, and a message about 0.00 GHz CPU usage in Task Manager. Notepad does not always open files that are automatically saved on restart.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Add Notepad in the Optional Features of Windows 10
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start Menu, select Settings,
- Go to Apps and select Apps & features.
- Then click the link for additional features on the right.
- And from there, you can reinstall any apps you need to add / install additional feature (editor or color). Click Add Role.
- Then find the feature, highlight it and click the Install button.
- You can also install Notepad, MS Paint, or MS Word in the same way.
Find Notepad in Start Menu
Now that you know the reason why Notepad is missing from Windows 10, it’s time to find and install it. However, before I show you how to install Notepad, there are several ways to find Notepad on your computer. Notepad can still be installed on your computer, and only the shortcut should remain on the desktop, in the start menu, or in the taskbar.
Anyone using Windows 10 will search for Notepad in Start> Windows Accessories> Notepad.
You can also click on the search icon next to the Start menu. Enter notepad. Click Notepad to open it.
The problem of Notepad disappearing after a Windows update is not new. In fact, after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, many users noticed the app was missing.
However, many affected users may not be aware that Notepad is now an optional feature in Windows Update on May 10, 2020.
The good news is that if an app is missing after installing a new operating system, you can restore it using advanced operating system settings.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.