- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Error code 0x8007001f is often encountered when trying to install an anniversary update of Windows 10. Many users see the error before the update is fully downloaded. This error code is often followed by a message asking the user to contact Microsoft to fix the error.
Update error 0x8007001F may prevent you from installing the latest updates. This can be a big problem. When it comes to upgrade issues, users have reported some issues:
- Windows cannot install the next update with error 0x8007001f
- This error is usually caused by third party applications. If you encounter this, disable your antivirus or perform a clean reboot.
- Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant error 0x8007001f
- Sometimes these drivers can cause this problem. Therefore, it is recommended that you update important drivers before trying to update Windows.
- Windows 7, 8.1 update error
- Upgrade errors can also occur on older versions of Windows.
Even if you’re not using Windows 10, you should be able to easily apply most of our solutions to older versions of Windows.
Run the Windows Update Center Troubleshooting Tool.
This automatic troubleshooter helps identify and correct errors that occurred during the upgrade.
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that you can use to fix an unsuccessful upgrade. This is the easiest way to try it. So do it in the first place. There are three things that you need to do to fix it:
Windows Update Services is closed.
Folder C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution is renamed C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution.old, which essentially clears the Windows Update Center download cache to start over.
The Windows Update Center services will restart.
Disable the antivirus program
While your antivirus provides protection against malware, sometimes it can interfere with your system and cause error 0x8007001F.
To fix this problem, it’s advised to change your antivirus settings and disable some features. If that doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus.
In the worst case, you might even need to remove your antivirus from your PC. Many users report that Norton and McAfee can be the cause of this error. Therefore, if you are using any of these tools, be sure to uninstall it.
Restart the Windows Update service
This simple maneuver has helped many users get rid of the notorious error 0x8007001f. Try this method:
- Open the Run app by pressing Windows logo key + R.
- Click services.msc and press Enter.
- Find Windows Update in the list of services and right-click it.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu. You will be taken to the Windows Update Properties window.
- Go to the General tab. Open the Startup Type menu.
- Set the Startup type to Disabled.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Reboot your computer.
After starting and installing Windows, check if the problem is resolved.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Update the audio driver.
Some driver updates may have been missed due to a bad internet connection or errors. Try to solve the problem by updating or reinstalling the driver.
- Click “Start”, enter “Device Manager” and select it from the results list.
- Expand one of the categories to find your device name. Then right-click (or hold) and select “Update Driver”. For graphics cards, expand the Video Cards category, right-click your graphics card and select “Update Driver”.
- Select Automatically check for driver updates.
If Windows can’t find a new driver, you can find the new driver on the device manufacturer’s website and follow the device manufacturer’s instructions.
If these steps don’t work, reinstall the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or hold) the device name and select Uninstall. Reboot your computer and Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
Finally, there are several methods you can use to fix the 0x8007001f error code. The error code may appear when Windows 10 is updated or due to a faulty audio driver. However, it can be repaired and you can still use your computer.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.