- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Have you tried upgrading your Windows 8 device to the new Windows 10? Or upgrading from an older version of Windows 10 to a newer one?
You may have noticed that in some cases the Windows update process stops at about 50% showing error code 0x80070003.
You do not need to worry because after reading this article, you will learn how to successfully fix error 0x80070003 on Windows 10 and earlier, such as Windows 8.
Note. The complete error message you receive when you try to upgrade to Windows 8.1 MUST HAPPEN AND UNABLE TO INSTALL WINDOW 8.1. Try again. ERROR CODE: 0X80070003.
This can be fixed by running the Windows Update troubleshooter or by restarting Windows Update.
Create a new account
In many cases, error 0x80070003 can be a problem for one user account in Windows. In any case, your account may be corrupted. In this case, you can create and manage a new user account. Then delete the checking account. But don’t forget to keep your personal information. In my case, this method worked. I think it will work for you too.
Check the date and time settings.
Make sure the date and time on your computer is correct.
- and. In the lower right corner, click Date & Time.
- b. In the window that opens, click Change date and time settings.
- against Click on “Change Date & Time” to make sure your computer is set to the correct date / time / year.
- Reynolds number When you have entered the date and time, click Change Time Zone to make sure you have the correct time zone.
- e. Restart your computer and try updating it. If the problem persists, go to the next method.
Perform a system check
- Click Start and go to the search box.
- Type “cmd” in the search box before hitting Enter.
- Enter “sfc / scannow” to start a system scan.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
This approach will scan your computer system for all kinds of problems that could be causing the error. You need to complete the scan as it may take some time. You need to restart your computer system to see if the error 0x80070003 is resolved.
Manually reset Windows Update related folders
The SoftwareDistribution folder is a temporary folder where Windows stores update files until they are fully downloaded. This folder can interfere with the upgrade process and can be fixed simply by running a few simple commands to rename the folder.
Open a command prompt as administrator and run the following command:
Run the following commands
- wuauserv net stop
- ren c: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributio.Old
- Clean start wuauserv
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.