- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Can’t I update my Windows 10 system and get an update error code 0x80246010? If you answered YES and want to fix this error, you got to the right place.
This blog will tell you all about Windows 10 update error 0x80246010.
Error code 0x80246010 may appear when a user tries to download an available update on his Windows 10 system. Once this error occurs, the user will not be able to install the Windows updates available on the PC. / Laptop and applications.
This update error is very common and reported by many Windows 10 users. The Windows 10 update error code 0x80246010 normally appears when a user tries to install an update KB4038782 for the system d Running Windows 10. However, there are many other available updates which cause this error code to occur.
This error code is usually caused by different causes. These are some of the most common causes:
- Missing / corrupted DLL files
- Damaged or corrupted registry keys
- Incomplete updates
- Computer malware
- And other similar problems.
Clear the Windows Update Center temporary cache folder:
- Hold down the Windows key while pressing the “R” key.
- A small new window will appear.
- Enter % windir% \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore in this new window and press OK.
4 This will open up Windows Explorer in the right place.
- Remove all content from this folder. (Note: use Ctrl + A to select all files and folders).
Restart Windows Update service.
- Click Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down until you find the Windows Update Center service.
- Right-click it and select Start.
Enable important Windows Update Center services
Proceed as follows:
- Press the Windows + R key to open the “Run” dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to open the command line in Supervisor / Advanced mode.
- In the command line window, type in the following command in the order indicated and press Enter after each line to set the startup type for each service to automatic:
- Starting a trusted SC config installer = auto
- Start of configuration bits SC = auto
- Configuration SC cryptsvc start = auto
After running the command and running the services, restart the computer and see if the problem is solved at the next full boot. Otherwise, move on to the next solution.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Rename the software distribution folder
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- In the “Run” field, enter the services.msc file and press Enter.
- Now find the Windows Update service, right click the Windows Update service, and click Stop.
- Go to your local drive (C 🙂 -> Windows and find the software distribution.
- Now you need to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. To do so, right-click it and select “Rename” in the cascading menu.
- Change the name to SoftwareDistributionOld.
- You will need to repeat steps 1-4, but instead of clicking Stop, you need to select
- Finally, reboot your computer and make sure that the problem is solved or not.
Manual Update using the Microsoft Update Center directory
If you don’t mind choosing a manual path, you can probably solve the problem completely by installing an update that does not work manually. The most convenient way to do this is to visit the website of the Microsoft Update Center catalog.
Some users encountering the same problem reported that the 0x80246010 error code no longer appears when using the manual method.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.