- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Windows 10 is the most recent and feature-rich version of the popular operating system and requires regular updates to keep the system running smoothly. However, sometimes Windows updates throw errors such as 0x8024402c, which prevents the system from continuing with the update.
Error 0x8024402c occurs when checking for Windows updates. This could be due to incorrect network settings, update settings, and LAN settings. In this article, we will show you 4 useful fixes for error 0x8024402c.
Enable Auto Network Discovery Settings
To keep your computer from getting confused and automatically connecting to the network, you can turn on the auto detection settings to fix the problem.
- Open Internet Explorer by selecting it from the Start menu.
- Click the gear icon in the settings in the upper right corner of the window. Select Internet Options.
- In the Connection window, click LAN Settings.
- Check the box in front of Automatically detect settings.
- Try to open Windows Update again.
Troubleshoot proxy problems
First, you need to remove invalid characters from the proxy exclusion list:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Internet Options and open the Connections tab.
- Go to LAN settings and check the box “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Remove everything that is specified in the “Do not use a proxy server for addresses starting with” field.
- Click OK.
- Then you need to clear the proxy cache like this:
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Open a command prompt: type cmd in the Windows search bar and select it from the list of results.
When you are at the command line, enter these commands and press Enter after each type:
- Reset proxy netsh winhttp
- wuauserv net stop
- Clean start wuauserv
Then error code 0x8024402c should be fixed. Otherwise, try the second method.
Configure update client
If the above fixes didn’t work, try this.
1) Open the Run dialog box by simultaneously pressing the Windows logo key + R key.
Then type regedit and click OK.
Click Yes when prompted for User Account Control.
2) In the Regedit editor window, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Policies> Microsoft> Windows> WindowsUpdate> AU.
3) In the right pane of the AU button, double-click UseWUServer and change the data value to 0. Then click OK.
a) Right-click the Windows folder and select New> Key.
And name the new key WindowsUpdate.
b) Right-click the WindowUpdate folder and choose New> Key.
And name the new key AU.
c) Right-click on the right side of the AU button and select New> DWORD (32 bit) Value.
Name the new value UseWUServer.
Now try installing Windows updates.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.