- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
When Windows activation error occurs, you should know how to fix it easily. In this article, I will summarize some of the common Windows activation errors and suggest some helpful solutions to fix them. It also explains what happens when Windows is not activated and why your Microsoft product key is not working.
What does activation mean? To be precise, activating Windows allows you to:
- Check if you have a real copy of Windows.
- Determine if the number of devices running this copy exceeds the limit allowed by the Microsoft software license.
After installing Windows, you will be prompted to complete the activation process: make sure your operating system is activated and linked to your Microsoft account. To be honest, linking your digital license to your Microsoft account is vital. What for? This is because you can use the Activation Troubleshooter to reactivate Windows if significant hardware changes have been made.
Windows activation error occurs frequently to prevent users from successfully activating Windows. Why did this happen? How to fix Windows activation error? What if Windows is not activated? Similar issues are discussed in the following content.
Windows 10, which was a free upgrade with Windows 7 or Windows 8 Update, cannot be activated
You may have used a beta version of Windows 10 before the problem occurred. Follow the instructions below to activate.
- Click Start to access the settings. Click “Update and Security” and then click “Activation”.
- Click Go to Store. If a valid license is available for your device, you can activate it without any problems. Otherwise, you will have to buy Windows from the store.
If you do not see the Go to Store option, contact your company’s support team.
Error codes 0xC004C4AE and 0xC004E003: “Manipulated Windows Binary Files Valid Check Found” and “Software Licensing Service Reported License Assessment Failed”.
- You may have installed an application such as a third-party display language that is currently not supported by Windows. For this reason, this error is displayed. Run System Restore and restore your PC to an earlier setup. This should eliminate the annoying notification related to manipulated Windows binaries.
- Also make sure that the time, time zone and date on your system are correct. If this is the case, you may get the following.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Error code 0x80072F8F: A security error has occurred.
This activation error occurs when the date and time on your computer is not correctly installed or Windows cannot connect to the online activation service.
- Fix the date and time on your computer as follows:
- Go to Start> Settings> Time and Language> Date and Time.
- Edit the records at the correct date and time.
If there is a problem with your internet connection, follow these instructions:
- Click Start to access the settings. Click “Update and Security” and select “Troubleshoot Network Troubleshooting”, then “Connect to the Internet” and finally “Start troubleshooting.
- Follow the instructions to identify and fix problems with your network. Reboot your computer to see if it will solve the problem.
Error codes 0xC004C008 and 0xC004C003: “The activation server reported that the product key has exceeded the unlock limit” and “This product key is not working”.
If the product key you are trying to enter into the activation tool was misprinted or has been previously used in another system, this error will appear and you will be prompted to enter it again or get a new product key. A product key that has been used on more than one PC that is allowed by the Microsoft license agreement does not allow subsequent activation. You will need to purchase a product key for each PC that you use Windows on to resolve this issue.
To purchase a product key from the Windows Store:
- Click Start, click Settings, Update and Security, and then click Activation
- Select “Go to the store” and follow the Windows instructions to purchase the software.
Error code 0xC004F061: The software licensing service has determined that the specified product key can only be used for updates and not for new installations.
This error may occur if your previous version of Windows was not installed on your computer. See, you must have Windows 7 or 8 before you can enter your product key to upgrade to Windows 10. You will need your old Windows 7 or 8 installation disk to reinstall it and upgrade it again. to Windows 10. You can use the upgrade key you received to activate Windows or ignore if your upgrade was a free upgrade. Simply activate and continue as the server should automatically recognize your system as the recipient of a free beta installation.
Error code 0xC004FC03: A network problem has occurred when activating your copy of Windows.
Your computer cannot be activated because you were not connected to the Internet. Another reason could be that the firewall settings do not allow Windows to complete the activation process. First, check your connection. If you are sure, open the Windows Firewall and add an activation exception. If the problem persists, activate Windows over the phone by selecting “Settings”> “Update and Security”> “Activation”. A step-by-step guide will be displayed when you select Activate Windows over the phone. Simply follow the activation procedure to activate Windows 10.
Error code 0x8007232B: There is no DNS name.
You may have tried to activate your work computer at home. If you are not connected to your work network, Windows simply issues this error to tell you that you are trying to connect to the wrong network. You can bring your device back to the office or make sure that you are connected to the correct network before using your product key. This should do its job.
I upgraded to an activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 / 8.1 and then decided to do a clean install using the ISO file, reboot that computer, or a recovery disc. However, I am prompted to enter a product key:
Select Do It Later. Windows 10 will automatically reactivate after a few days.
I just installed or reinstalled the preview version of Windows 10 and want to upgrade to the final version, but it won’t activate.
For the time being, Microsoft has paused previews and deactivated product keys. This means that you cannot download, install or activate older versions such as 10162 and 10166 or earlier to be eligible for the final version.
Your best bet is to reinstall your current Windows 7, Windows 8.0, or Windows 8.1 license, make sure it’s activated, and upgrade to Windows 10 on or after July 29th. If you keep the currently activated preview version of Windows 10, you can upgrade to the final version.
Error code 0x8007007B: wrong syntax for file name, directory name or volume label.
- Suppose you are connected to a working network, but still see this error. You should contact your company’s support team so they can help you change your network settings.
- If support staff is not available, try entering your product key again:
- Click Start, then click Settings> Update and Security> Activation.
- Select Change product key and enter the product key.
- You will be prompted to enter the administrator password. Just do it and let the activation process continue.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.