- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
A Windows Mobile device cannot connect to the Windows Mobile Device Center with error code 0X80072745.
In Device Manager HP USB Sync works normally on mobile devices, but the record “Portable devices”, “Windows Mobile device” is displayed with a yellow exclamation mark. The “Install Hardware” dialog box indicates that the installation failed.
The Windows Mobile Device Center displays “Login” for a long period of time, then stops and displays a white cross in a red circle with “Error” next to it.
There are dozens of messages on the Internet about this topic, and no one seems to have a solution that really works. Here are the solutions you’re going to propose first.
Change the device manager settings
The solution to this error can be found in Device Manager. For some reason, it is a driver problem. A yellow warning sign appears in Device Manager on a Windows Mobile device when you connect a USB stick to a Vista laptop. In essence, you just right click on the device and delete it. Then unplug the USB plug from my rw6828 and plug it back in. Then the device will be correctly recognized, the driver will be installed, and the yellow sign will disappear.
New WMDC 6.1 installation
In the next four steps, make sure that your Windows Mobile device is not connected.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
- Remove old driver update installations from the Windows Mobile Driver Center / Windows Mobile Device Center.
- Start again.
- Reinstall WMDC 6.1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=46f72df1-e46a-4a5f-a791-09f07aaaaaaaa1914&displaylang=de).
- Wait until all device driver installation dialogs (which may / will continue after installing WMDC 6.1) are gone.
- Connect your Windows Mobile device and wait for all device driver installation dialogs to complete or for tooltips to pop up. You should now be able to establish a new partnership with WMDC.
Turn on or off Microsoft Defender Antivirus real-time protection
Sometimes you may need to momentarily disable real-time protection. When real-time protection is disabled, files that you open or download are not scanned for threats. However, real-time protection will be automatically reactivated to protect your device.
- Temporarily disable real-time protection
- Select Start> Settings> Update & Security> Windows Security, then Virus & threat protection> Manage settings. (In previous versions of Windows 10, select Virus & threat protection> Virus & threat protection settings.)
- Set the real-time protection setting to Off. And select Yes to check.
Restart Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC)
- To restart Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC):
- On your computer, click the Windows Start button.
- Enter services.msc in the search box.
- Select services.msc.
- In the Services window, right-click Windows Mobile Device Connection and select Restart.
- Note. If there are two entries for connecting a Windows Mobile device, right-click the second one.
- A field indicating that when the connection of Windows Mobile devices is restarted, these other services will also restart. Do you want to restart these services? will appear. Choose yes.
- Select Yes again.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.