If your Windows computer suddenly becomes slow and you suspect there is a hardware or driver problem, you can open Device Manager. If you see a message in the Device Properties window, the driver for this device might be corrupted or your system is low on memory or other resources. (Code 3) Here are some basic steps you can take to resolve this error message.
Resolving problems with fixed drivers
As you know, the main cause of error code 3 is device driver corruption. Removing and reinstalling the device driver may permanently fix your problem. Just uninstall the driver from Device Manager and install the latest compatible driver.
- Click the start menu and find your device. Now open Device Manager through the search result.
- Select Problem Device> right-click it and select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and click the Uninstall button to remove the driver.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Device Manager again and select Action> Check for Hardware Changes.
Follow the instructions on the screen and fix Device Manager error code 3.
Closing Some Applications
This particular problem mostly occurs when you are low on RAM and have many applications open at the same time. If so, close some open applications to free up resources. There is one thing you can check before closing the application. You can open the task manager and check if your system is using a lot of resources or not. If so, close some applications depending on their use. You can simply select a program, right-click on it and click the End Task button.
Install more RAM
- Another problem is that your computer really needs RAM updates. Check your system information to make sure your computer is free of these issues. Find out if you have set the maximum required for your RAM. Otherwise, you will get your RAM data. Purchase modules that are identical to the modules installed on your computer and then install them.
- If you continue to encounter this error after following these troubleshooting steps, please let us know more. Let’s find a solution together.
This article describes how to troubleshoot Code 3 problems. The driver for this device might be damaged. It explains 5 proven methods and you are sure to solve this problem with this solution.