- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Error 0xc0000006 typically occurs when users try to run certain executable files, most often created in Visual Studio, or when they run certain Visual Basic scripts. 0xc0000006 NTSTATUS code error indicating STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.
This error often occurs when trying to run an executable file from a network volume. This is most likely due to an intermittent issue caused by overly protective firewall or antivirus software. However, this false positive result can also be caused by an incorrect AppInst_DLL registry value or some kind of system damage.
Run DISM scan
Running DISM scan on your computer will fix the problem.
- To open an elevated Command Prompt window, enter “cmd” in the search box next to the Windows icon.
- Then right-click “Command Prompt” in the elevated search results and select “Run as administrator”.
- Copy and paste this command into a command prompt window and press Enter to run it on your computer.
sfc / scannow
All of these commands take time to scan / repair your system files.
- Also try running the chkdsk command. Just copy and paste the command below into your command prompt window.
chkdsk / r / f / C.
Wait for it to finish. Then close the command prompt window.
Restart your computer to complete the scanning process.
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Try running the application on your computer again. Check if the error persists.
- Changing the Windows registry key can also fix error 0xc0000006 for some users. To do this, open the “Run” window.
- Enter regedit in the Open box, which will open the Registry Editor when you click OK. Open this path to the registry key: Computer> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> WOW6432Node> Microsoft> Windows NT> CurrentVersion> Windows.
- Select the Windows registry key.
- In the right pane of Registry Editor, double-click Applnit_DLL.
- Delete the number in the channel edit window and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor and restart Windows.
AppInit_DLL on Windows
AppInit_DLLs is a mechanism that allows any DLL list to be loaded into any user mode process on the system.
The values stored in the registry under this key determine the behavior of the AppInit_DLLs infrastructure:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows
The AppInit DLL function on Windows adds a new code signing requirement.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.