- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
DISM is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that can be used to update and repair files, images, etc., corrupted. Windows users often run this command before using sfc / scannow to get disk health information. However, in some cases it may even fail due to system inconsistencies or update errors. Today we are going to explain two different ways to fix DISM error 0x800f081f and its types on Windows 10 PC.
DISM error 0x800f081f or 1910, 1726, 1393, 112, 87, 50, 11, 3, 2 usually occurs when you run DISM / restorehealth command. In this tutorial, we’re going to fix this error by updating and resuming all pending tasks, and then removing the components from the Microsoft Store.
The crash error message looks like this:
“If the associated message says: – The recovery status parameter is not recognized in this context, or an error occurred while processing the command. This may indicate that the DISM command being used is not a supported version of the operating system.
If the associated message says “The Add Package option is unknown, it could mean that the operating system version does not support the option you are using.”
Here is a list of error messages that accompany each error code:
- DISM Error 87 – Invalid parameter.
- DISM Error 112 – There is not enough space on the hard disk.
- DISM Error 11 – An attempt was made to load a program with an invalid format.
- DISM Error 50 – Request not supported.
- DISM Error 2 – The system cannot find the file specified.
- DISM Error 3 – The system cannot find the path specified.
- DISM Error 1726 – RPC failed.
- DISM Error 1393 – The structure of the hard disk is damaged and cannot be read.
If you get these error messages, run DISM tool using the cleanup function. They run a series of DISM commands to reset all pending updates first. Then clear the component memory and finally check the system before final reboot. Read on to really show you how.
Fixing DISM Error
1] Open an elevated Command Prompt window and run the following command to update the DISM tool:
DISM.exe / image: C: / cleanup-image / revertpendingactions
This will reset all pending tasks, including Windows updates. We recommend that you run offline and then run a repair request.
2] Then run the following command:
DISM.exe / online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup
This will clear the component store so that everything can work correctly again.
3] Restart sfc / scannow, then start it in safe mode.
Reboot your system and see if you can now run the following command:
DISM.exe / online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
Let your computer boot normally after finishing the last command. This should fix your computer problem.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.