Exception code 0xc0000409 indicates a stack buffer overflow. Batch alignment problems usually arise when the return variable of a method does not match the return value of the parent method. Typically, the function will execute correctly and will fail on return.
It is easy to see when a method takes a long time to execute, but not so easy to observe when a method is fast. You can do a quick test by adding a 10 second wait to the method and seeing if an exception occurred after 10 seconds.
What is the cause of error 0xc0000409?
Exception 0xc0000409 may be thrown when starting the application. This error means your system is down. The most common reasons are always the following:
- Incorrect or unsuccessful installation of the application, which could leave invalid entries in the Windows registry.
- Virus or malware attack;
- Incorrect system shutdown;
- Damaged or deleted system files.
Finding out what could be causing the unknown software exception error 0xc0000409. Do you know how to fix this software bug?
Therefore, in the next section, we will show you the solutions to fix this error with code 0xc0000409.
Perform Windows 10 recovery installation
- Open your Windows 10 installation media, be it an ISO file or a USB drive.
- Run setup.exe to start the Windows 10 setup process.
- In the User Account Control window that opens, click Yes.
- On the next Windows 10 setup screen, select the Update this PC now option and click Next.
- You will see Windows getting ready with a progress bar showing progress.
- On the next page, click Download and Install Updates. Click Continue.
- The Windows 10 installation will continue and your computer will restart in the process as well.
- For obvious reasons, accept the notices and license terms.
- On the “Ready to install” page that opens, click “Install”.
- Make sure the “Install Windows 10 Home and keep personal files and apps” option is selected.
- After the restore installation is complete, you will be prompted to log in.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set your time zone, current time, and more.
- That’s all. Your system is now ready for a clean install of Windows 10, which hopefully contains all the errors from the previous install.
Create an Application Control Exception for MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
- On the Exception Policy page, click Exceptions.
- In the Exceptions section, click Add> Windows Exceptions> File.
- Select [NO] from the Prefix Variable drop-down list.
- In the File text box, enter C: \ Windows \ SystemApps \ Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8d8bbwe \ MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
- Under Specify scan types to exclude this file, select Application Control.
- Click on OK.
- On the Exception Policy page, right-click the policy and select Assign.
- Select the appropriate customer group.
- Click Assign.
- Click Yes.
Perform a System Restore
1) Start your computer and log in as administrator.
2) Click the “Start” button, select “All Programs”, “Accessories”, “System Tools” and click “System Restore“.
3) In the new window, select “Reset computer to a previous date” and click “Next”.
4) Select the last system restore point from the “Select a restore point from this list” list, then click “Next”.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restart your computer after recovery is complete.
Hopefully this new release doesn’t give you too many headaches. However, if you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know in the comments section below.