Some users are complaining that they encountered a system thread exception when starting a computer that did not handle the bcmwl63a.sys error. This error is one of the blue screens of death errors.
The bcmwl63a.sys blue screen of death error can be caused by an incompatibility issue and improper installation of the wireless drivers on your computer. When this problem occurs, your computer will not be able to enter the operating system correctly.
In the next section, we will show you how to fix the bcmwl63a.sys crash error.
Causes of Bcmwl63a.sys Error
Outdated driver files are the leading cause of Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. Corruption of the Windows registry due to recent changes in the bcmwl63a.sys file such as: Bcmwl63a.sys file errors such as installing, updating or manually modifying the Windows registry, etc. can also cause errors.
Enter Safe Mode
- Restart your computer. When you get to the login screen, hold down the Shift key and choose Power> Restart.
- After the computer restarts, select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup options> Startup options> Restart from the options screen.
- After restarting your computer, a list of options will appear:> Select 5 or F5 for safe mode with network drivers loaded.
Reinstalling video and sound card drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, expand the component that you want to reinstall.
- Right-click the device and select Uninstall (this also applies to audio drivers and video cards).
- Click the file and look for the hardware changes (which should automatically reinstall the drivers).
Repair network card driver
If you’ve recently updated your network card driver files or related programs, sometimes it can result in BSOD errors. To fix this problem, you can reset the network driver files. This is explained in detail below.
Warning. This can result in the loss of the current program or data updates.
- Enter “Device Manager” (without quotes) in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select “Device Manager” from the list.
- Select “Network adapters”.
- Right click on the name of your network adapter, Broadcom Network Wireless Adapter.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Select a recovery driver.
- Follow the instructions to complete the recovery process.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved or not.
Run System File Checker
If you have corrupted system files on your computer, you may encounter bcmwl63a.sys blue screen of death error. Hence, to fix this problem, you can run the System File Checker tool to scan for and repair corrupted system files on your computer.
Here’s a tutorial.
- Open a command prompt as administrator.
- In the pop-up window, enter the sfc / scannow command and press Enter to continue.
- The System File Checker will then start scanning your PC and repairing corrupted system files. Do not close the Command Prompt window until the message is 100% complete.
Once the process is complete, restart your computer and see if bcmwl63a.sys fixes Windows 10.
If none of the above methods resolve the bcmwl63a.sys crash error, then you can reinstall the operating system. Reinstalling the operating system can resolve any system-related problems.
If you have followed the solutions above, we hope they can help you resolve your bcmwl63a.sys errors.