- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Mrxsmb.sys, also known as the Windows NT SMB Minirdr file, was created by Microsoft for the development of the Microsoft Windows operating system. SYS files fall under the Win64 EXE (Driver) file type category.
There are a number of reasons why you could be encountering issues with mrxsmb.sys. Most SYS file problems are related to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. These types of mrxsmb.sys errors can be cause by hardware problems, outdated firmware, corrupt drivers, or other software-related (such as Microsoft Office Access 2010 update) issues. Some of these errors are:
- Mrxsmb.sys could not be found.
- Mrxsmb.sys failed to load.
- The file mrxsmb.sys is missing or corrupt.
- Windows failed to start – mrxsmb.sys.
Why is Mrxsmb.sys giving errors?
Errors related to Mrxsmb.sys occur for one of the following three reasons:
- Corrupted Windows Registry: Most processes like Mrxsmb.sys contain executable code and store data and state information in the system registry, which can accumulate and fragment incorrect entries.
- Windows System Overloaded: Using external system resources such as memory, CPU and hard drives can overload the operating system and make your computer prone to Mrxsmb.sys errors.
- Compatibility: Programs that use Mrxsmb.sys may conflict with each other. Mrxsmb.sys can also interfere with other system processes or software applications. Potential conflicts can be identified by analyzing the error information gathered from the Windows system event logs.
If you’re encountering any of the error messages above, try using the following troubleshooting steps to resolve your mrxsmb.sys issue. These troubleshooting steps are listed in the order in which they are recommended.
Perform startup repairs
Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix some system problems that may have prevented Windows from starting. Startup Repair will scan your computer for the problem and then try to fix it so your computer can boot properly.
- Access to advanced startup options.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click more options.
- Click Start – Restore.
- When prompted, select the operating system on which you want to perform Startup Repair.
- When prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval.
Make sure you have the latest version of Windows 10
Updates often fix compatibility issues and security vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is recommended that you download them frequently.
In addition to updating Windows 10, we recommend that you update your drivers regularly.
Since BSoD problems are often caused by faulty or incompatible drivers, make sure the drivers for your motherboard, network card, and video card are up to date to avoid the RDR_FILE_SYSTEM error.
If you need to update your drivers, the easiest way to do so is to manually download them from the hardware manufacturer’s website.
We hope these solutions help you fix blue screen issues with MRXSMB.Sys.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.