- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
A lot of blue screen of death errors can appear in Windows 10. While these errors are rare, they all often cause the PC to restart to prevent damage.
Since BSoD errors can be a serious problem, today we’re going to show you how to fix the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error.
Many Windows 10 users also report this problem. As unpleasant as it sounds, you can fix it.
The ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error has code 0x000000B8 that indicates an attempt to perform an invalid operation due to a delayed procedure call (DPC subroutine).
This error is caused by a delayed procedure call (DPC) which tried to execute an unacceptable operation. The DPC starts when the kernel detects the pause state and makes a call to pause or stop the software. We have listed some known workarounds to solve this problem. Follow the solutions from top to bottom.
Perform a disk check
Note that hard disk scanning will start the next time you start your computer and may take some time, a day or even more on some computers. If you do not need it, you can ignore it by pressing any key.
1) Press the Windows and X keys on your keyboard at the same time and press the command line (administrator).
2) When prompted to manage user accounts, press Yes.
3) The invitation will appear again. Enter the following command: chkdsk.exe / f / r
4) Press Enter on the keypad and enter Y.
Update Windows 10 and all your drivers
Windows 10 may have problems with some older hardware and software. To resolve these issues, it is important to download and install the latest fixes using Windows Update.
Many of these fixes include security improvements and various hardware and software fixes. Therefore, if you want to fix BSoD errors like ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC, it’s important to keep Windows 10 up to date.
Besides Windows updates, it’s important to keep your drivers up to date as well. Outdated or incompatible drivers can often cause stability issues and BSoD errors. Therefore, it is important to update them as often as possible.
Updating the drivers is fairly straightforward, and you can download the required drivers directly from the hardware manufacturer.
According to users, your Wi-Fi adapter can often cause errors like this, and outdated touchpad drivers have been reported to cause these issues on Windows 10 laptops.
Almost any driver can cause similar problems. To fix this problem, it is highly recommended that you update all drivers.
Perform a memory check
One possible cause is faulty storage software. To make sure you find the exact cause, you can run a memory scan as shown below:
(Please note that the entire process may take some time.)
1) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and enter memory diagnostics. Click Windows Memory Diagnostics.
2) Make sure you save your work, select Restart Now and check for problems (recommended).
3) Your computer will restart. You will then see the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool doing its job.
4) Your computer will automatically reboot and return to the Windows desktop. The test result is displayed after connecting. If the result does not appear automatically, you can check it manually.
Press Win + R at the same time, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter.
In the left pane, under the Windows Logs category, click System. In the right pane, click Find….
Type MemoryDiagnostic in the search box and press Enter. The result is displayed at the bottom of the window.
5) If the diagnostic result of your memory shows that some drivers are faulty or you see an error, you have bad memory. It is very likely that you will need to change your RAM. If you don’t see anything here, your memory is fine.
This step is the right way to fix the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error. Restore the operating system may result in a complete loss of data on the hard disk, depending on the method used. The new installation has advantages such as much faster and more efficient system. However, if you have personal files on your hard drive (which you probably have), if you do not save them, you will lose them.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.