Some users have complained that they cannot update their operating system to the latest version and have encountered error 0x8024401f. Usually, when you try to update a UWP app through the Windows Store, you will encounter Windows Update error 0x8024401f.
So what can cause error 0x8024401f?
Typically, error 0x8024401f can be caused by the following reasons.
- Security breaches of third parties.
- Bad Windows update.
- The Windows Store cache is corrupted.
- Disable proxy or VPN connection.
However, do you know how to fix Windows Update error 0x8024401f? In the next section, we will show you solutions for error 0x8024401f. If you don’t know how to fix this error, read on.
Find out how to resolve error code 0x8024401f:
Resetting Windows Update Components
Resetting Windows Update Components includes methods / tasks that prompt you to modify the registry. Serious problems can arise if the registry is incorrectly edited. Make sure you follow these steps carefully.
- Open a command prompt. Use one of the following methods depending on your version of Windows:
- Press and hold the Windows logo button on the taskbar (or right-click), then select Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
Stop the BITS service, Windows Update service, and encryption service. To do this, enter the following commands at the command prompt. Press Enter after each command.
- network stop bits
- wuauserv net stop
- net stop appidsvc
- clean stop cryptsvc cryptsvc
Delete the qmgr * .dat files. To do this, at the command prompt, enter the following command and press Enter:
Remove “% ALLUSERSPROFILE% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Network \ Downloader \ qmgr * .dat”
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If the problem was caused by another faulty Windows update, chances are your operating system can fix the problem on its own. On Windows 10, Microsoft has released a fix for this specific issue using the automatic recovery strategy included in the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Several users who also had issues fixing error code 0x8024401f reported that the issue was completely resolved after running the Windows Update troubleshooter. For some of them, this procedure automatically fixed the problem.
The Windows Update Troubleshooter is a built-in utility that contains a wide range of recovery strategies that are automatically applied when a covered issue is detected. Here’s a quick guide to running the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Then type “ms-settings: Troubleshoot” and press Enter to open the Troubleshoot tab in the Settings app.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, move your mouse to the right side of the screen and go to the Commissioning section. When you get there, click Windows Update and then click Run the troubleshooter.
- After running the utility, wait patiently for the first scan to complete. This process determines if any of the remediation strategies included in the utility apply to the problem you are solving.
- When a suitable fix is found, a window appears where you can click Apply this fix to apply the fix policy. Depending on the type of remediation, you may need a few additional steps to apply the remediation strategy.
- After applying the hotfix, restart your computer and see if the problem resolves the next time you restart your system.
I hope you found a solution to your Windows error 0x8024401f. Please let us know in the comments below if you find other ways to fix this so other users can try it out.