- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
In many cases you find that Microsoft Office 2016 applications may crash or not start. You join the Internet for a solution, and there are many articles on these issues from Microsoft and others. However, each case is very different and there is no single rule to solve it. The same thing happened to us and we thought that discussing this particular case could be useful for others as we could not find a link to quickly solve the problem we encountered.
When an application crashes on your PC, one of the possible codes displayed in the event log is an application error event with ID 1000. If you see this, the program that you use suddenly ends up. Also, you cannot start it properly. If you find that your computer often encounters this error code, it is time to fix the problem.
This article will teach you how to troubleshoot the application 1000 error codes for OUTLOOK.EXE.
Remove an empty RSS feed from Outlook 2016
To get around this problem, remove an empty RSS feed from Outlook 2016. To do so, follow these steps.
- In Outlook, on the File tab, click Account Options, and then click Account Options.
- On the RSS Feeds tab, select an empty RSS feed and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the RSS feed.
- Click Close.
Disable Host IPS in McAfee Antivirus
- Right-click the McAfee Antivirus icon in the taskbar.
- Enter the quick settings.
- Now just pause the Host IPS.
If you use McAfee Antivirus, keep in mind that some of its features may fail. However, you have nothing to worry about because you can easily solve this problem.
The effectiveness of this solution is proven, but the only drawback is that you have to repeat this process every time you start your computer.
Check For The Issues Caused By Add-ins
Add-ons are third-party products that cause a failure, slow down Outlook and may cause problems. Below are the instructions on how to remove add-ons.
- Close Outlook 2016.
- Open RUN in Windows by pressing Windows + R in Windows 10, 8.1, 8.
- Enter Outlook / safe in the startup panel and press OK to work in safe mode.
- Then click Options on the File menu and go to Settings.
- Click on Settings COM, and then click OK.
- Then uncheck all the checkboxes in the list and click OK.
- Restart Outlook and see if the problem has been solved. If so, add Add Add-ons and run them one by one.
Then, if the problem is not solved, Outlook 2016 may crash due to other problems.
Repair Microsoft Office
- Visit the Microsoft website to find out the number of the latest version of Office and write it down.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R to open the Windows Start dialog box.
- Type the following and press Enter:
- % programfiles% \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ ClickToRun \ officec2rclient.exe / update user updatetoversion = 16.0.buildnumber
- Where “(Assembly number)” is the assembly number recorded in step 1.
- For example, in my case the current version was 9126.2259, so I entered the following:
- % programfiles% \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ ClickToRun \ officec2rclient.exe / update user updatetoversion = 16.0.9126.2257
- When prompted, select “Restore” Office parameters.
Reinstall Office 2016
- Open the control panel.
- When the Control Panel opens, go to “Programs and components”.
- Select Microsoft Office from the list and select “Restore””.
- Select the online repair option and follow the instructions.
If none of the above solutions help, you can try uninstalling and installing Office 2013 again.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.