- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
This Microsoft Outlook error indicates that the Hotmail Send task reported an error (0x800cce05): “Unknown error 0x800cce05”. It is difficult for most people to send and receive email through Outlook.
On Outlook error 0x800cce05, users are unable to send email. In this error, the user can receive an email, but cannot send it to anyone else. When a user tries to send Outlook and set up a new email account, they receive this error code. This error code can also appear when sending an SMTP email. This Outlook error usually occurs when Microsoft Windows Firewall is blocking Microsoft Outlook.
This error can be caused by corrupted system files that conflict with certain programs such as Outlook. Internet security software installed on the PC can also be the cause of this error.
Solutions for unknown Outlook error 0x800cce05
Outlook is a standalone email processing software that allows users to easily manage and complete all email tasks. The Outlook package includes a calendar, task manager, business contact manager, and all the tools you need to create reliable offline email software. If you are an active user, it is important to fix error 0x800cce05.
Running System File Checker (SFC Scan)
The most realistic solution to restore email functionality in Outlook is to run a System File Checker scan so that the problem can be detected and fixed. Follow the steps below to run SFC Scan on your computer.
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) by pressing Win + X on your keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- At the command prompt, enter sfc / scannow and press Enter to run the command. It will start scanning and checking the system for corrupted files and will automatically repair them. Please be patient as it may take up to 15 minutes to find and resolve the issue. After the process completes, test Outlook by sending an email.
Create a new Outlook profile
- Open the system and go to the start menu.
- From the Start menu, the search box goes to Control Panel and clicks on it.
- Then open the control panel and change the category icon to small icons in the upper right corner.
- Then you will automatically change the small icons.
- Then click Mail or Mail (32-bit).
- Then open a new window.
- Then click the Add button, open a new profile window and enter the profile name in the desired location.
- Then open the Add New Email Account window and fill in all the details after clicking Next.
Repair corrupted PST file
Outlook data file (PST) corruption can be caused by various reasons. Some of the reasons are improper shutdown of the program, errors during updating, damaged PST file header, virus attack, errors during installation of the operating system. , etc. Whatever the cause of the unknown Outlook error 0x800cce05, it’s easy to fix. Follow the instructions below:
Find the default .pst file used by Outlook profile. Control Panel> Email> Profile View> Select the affected Outlook profile> Properties> Data Files> You will receive the default PST file in a black circle with a check mark.
Run Outlook Inbox Repair Tool. Open SCANPST.exe, enter a filename to scan and click Start.
Fix internet security software
Internet security software can also trigger this process by blocking Outlook Calendar and other services. This breaks Outlook. If so, you need to allow your internet security software to block your calendar or other Outlook services to resolve the issue with sending email. If you are not sure how to resolve them, canceling or uninstalling and reinstalling will reset the rules. If it works after removal; Then you can install another antivirus like AVG Free.
If the above solution did not resolve the error, it is very likely that your Outlook data file is corrupted. If an Outlook data file (also known as a PST file) gets damaged or corrupted, Outlook will stop working properly and increase the number of unknown error codes. Hence, you should use Stellar Outlook PST Repair Tool to repair your corrupted PST file. This tool will recover all items from corrupted PST file including deleted emails and contacts and save them as a new PST file. After restoring the PST file with this tool, the unknown error code 0x800cce05 will be removed.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.