- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Error code 0x80240009 simply means that another conflicting operation was performed. In some operations, for example. B. During installation, the installer cannot be run twice at the same time. This error is common in the operating system when updating Windows. If this error persists, your system is slow or even damaged.
0x80240009 = WU_E_OPERATIONINPROGRESS
Try to make sure you actually followed this process twice. In this case, try uninstalling the entire update process and manually downloading the update package.
If that doesn’t fix the problem, try the following solutions.
Typically, Windows Update error code 0x80240009 is caused by:
- Damage or damage to the Windows registry.
- Device driver conflicts
- Hardware error
- Virus or spyware
- Damaged or damaged software files
- if you are
- Good news for you, Error 0x80240009 Windows 10 error can be fixed in several ways. In this article, I want to offer two effective solutions.
Run Windows 10 System File Checker (SFC)
In this tutorial, we will show you how to run the Windows 10 File Checker. It will find the faulty Windows files and fix them. They are included in Windows 10.
- Log in to Windows 10.
- Click the “Search” button in the lower left corner and enter the command line.
- If the command line program is listed, right-click it and select Run as administrator. See steps below:
- When prompted, enter the following and press Enter:
- sfc / scannow
- Then the system file check will run:
- You are done when you see the completed message. It also tells you if any integrity violations were found.
Congratulations, you now know how to run the Windows 10 File Checker!
Then you need to clear the Windows Update download path. These steps are for advanced users only! If you screw up your computer with regedit, you might lose your files! Be careful or use a professional tool to scan your computer.
- Hold down the Windows key and press the R key at the same time.
- A new small window will appear.
- Type regedit in this new window and press Enter.
- New windows have navigation on the left. Use it for navigation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate
- When you find it, look for WUServer and WIStatusServer on the right side of the window.
- If they are not listed, we will not be able to clear the download path. Otherwise, delete both of them.
- Restart your computer.
Disable Windows Defender Antivirus
Those of us who have been using Windows for quite some time remember the days when Microsoft’s operating system did not have its own antivirus tools. Its addition was controversial at the time, but Microsoft said it was a necessary step forward to keep users safe. Over time, Windows Defender has become more powerful and integrated into the system.
In the latest versions of Windows 10, Microsoft made the most logical conclusion by removing the option to completely disable Defender. Microsoft regularly asks Flak to remove customization options from Windows, but this change makes sense.
Windows 10 has never had a “easy” way to disable Defender. Those who really wanted to disable Windows antivirus could do so by looking for the “DisableAntiSpyware” key in the registry. Microsoft recommends using this key on Windows so that system developers and IT professionals can turn off Defender to deploy a different antivirus program on their own. Of course, some personal users have turned to this feature to disable Microsoft’s audiovisual program.
According to Microsoft, the registry key has been removed because it is no longer needed for its intended purpose. Windows 10 can now detect when another antivirus is running and disable itself. So it basically prevents you from starting Windows without an antivirus solution. All you have to do is hope that Defender shuts down correctly to avoid stability issues that can occur when running the two security packages.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.