- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Windows activation error code 0xC004B100 often occurs when trying to activate your version of Windows, possibly after replacing your motherboard or processor. If you are facing error code 0xC004B100, read on. This guide describes possible workarounds for this Windows activation error that you can use to resolve this issue. So let’s see how to fix this error code.
The error code is followed by an error message –
0xC004B100, the activation server detected that the computer could not be activated
Check the problem with Microsoft
There might be a problem with Microsoft’s activation server preventing Windows 10 from activating. In that case, you should wait and see if it’s Microsoft’s problem. However, if you get error code 0x803f7001, you can also try the following steps:
- Open the Settings app. Then go to Update & Security> Activation Screen> Change Product.
- Enter your Windows Edition product key and click Next.
- It will be displayed. We were unable to activate Windows error message.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3, then enter your unique 25-character product key.
- Wait for the process to complete. Windows 10 is activated.
Run activation troubleshooter
Users may face activation error code 0xC004B100 if they violate the restrictions imposed by a specific license. However, if not, just run the activation troubleshooter to fix the problem.
The Activation Troubleshooter is a built-in tool that contains many automatic recovery tactics. In some cases, it fixes problems caused by situations such as: For example, if you reinstall the operating system from the recovery environment. Here’s a quick way to run the Activation Troubleshooter:
- Press the Win + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ms-settings: activity and press Enter to open the Activation tab.
- Go to the right pane and click the Troubleshoot link.
- You may have to wait for a while for activation troubleshooting to complete. After that, restart your computer and see if you can restart Windows.
- Log in to your computer as an administrator.
- Now you need to click on the “Start” button.
- Select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, then click System Restore.
- Open a new window and select the “Restore my computer to a previous state” option. Then click Next.
- Select the most recent system from the “Click a restore point in this list” list and click the “Next” button.
- Click Next on the configuration window.
- After the recovery is complete, you can restart your computer.
Add Net LocalGroup
If you are unable to update Windows immediately, you can use this procedure as a temporary solution. Please note that this will only work if you are a member of the Local Administrators group.
Enter the prompt in the search.
In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Copy and paste the commands below into the Command Prompt by right clicking and choosing Paste (you cannot use Ctrl + V to paste into the Command Prompt window). Copy one command at a time and press Enter after pasting each command into the command line.
localgroup network administrators add localalservice / add
fsutil resource setautoreset true C: \
netsh int ip ip reset resetlog.txt
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. We hope you have found a solution to the problem with activating updates.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.