Error Code 0x8007007B (Code 0x8007007B) is an error that occurs when you try to activate Windows 10, as well as Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Error code 0x8007007B usually occurs when a product key has been activated too many times. Activation lock prevents misuse of the key. If the key has not been misused, the key can be reset or a new key can be obtained. If you are unsure whether you can perform these methods yourself because they contain advanced steps, it is recommended that you consult with a computer repair technician to avoid aggravating the problem.
The error message looks like this:
““Windows windows could not be activated. The Key Management Services (KMS) node cannot be placed in a domain name system (DNS). Ask your system administrator to verify that the KMS is published correctly in DNS. The error code is 0x8007232b. Error description: The DNS name does not exist. “
Causes of error code 0x8007007
The most common cause of this error is the inability to connect to the Key Management Service (KMS). This is a known bug in Windows 10 Activation Assistant, specifically version 10240.
Some users have reported that corrupted system files can also lead to the error. The corrupted system files no longer work as expected, which means that Activation Assistant will not be able to connect to the KMS servers.
The third possible reason is illegal Windows activation. Especially if you bought a used PC, it is possible that Windows 10 was illegally installed and activated on it.
Configure the KMS host server for the clients you want to enable.
Activating KMS requires that the KMS host server be configured to activate the clients. If no KMS Host Server is configured in your environment, install and activate it with the appropriate KMS Host Server key. After you have configured your computer on the network to host the KMS software, publish the Domain Name System (DNS) settings.
Change the product key for your Windows copy
- On the desktop screen, press the Windows key and type “Command Prompt.” Then right click on Command Prompt in the results. Select Run as administrator. Click Yes when asked for permission.
- In the command line box, enter the following command: slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
- X represents the product key. Replace them with your unique product key.
- Enter the following command in a command prompt window: slmgr.vbs -ato
- Hit enter
- Restart your computer and try activating Windows again. The error code should no longer be displayed.
Activate your window via phone
This process calls Microsoft so that it can be activated for you. Activate it;
- Open the search menu, press the Windows 7 Start button or press Windows + F to open the Windows 8 or 10 search menu.
- Then type slui.exe 4 and press Enter. A new window will open. You can also open this window using the Run command.
- Press Windows + R and enter slui.exe 4 in the new window.
- Click OK and the phone activation window will open. Select your country from the drop-down list, then select the phone activation option.
- A new window opens with a toll-free number to which you can call.
The subscriber on the other side asks for an installation ID. You then enter the activation code.