- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Are you getting Live Mail error 0x800CCC92 on Windows 10 or any other Windows system? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Use the tips below to fix error code 0x800CCC92 in Windows 10 Live Mail.
Error 0x800CCC92 is a very common error that users encounter in the Windows Live Mail application. If you see this error code 0x800CCC92 in Live Mail, it usually means that the mail application cannot connect to the host, or the host address is not available, or the mail server is refusing to connect.
The main cause of this error is a problem with the connection to the mail server. There could be other reasons, for example, corrupted files, incorrect mail server settings, or an incorrect username or password.
However, don’t worry too much about this issue. In this article, I will share with you some simple solutions to fix Windows Live Mail error code 0x800CCC92. Let’s try these solutions.
Cause of error 0x800CCC92 in Outlook:
- Invalid username and password
- Corrupted Outlook PST data file
- Outlook received incorrect settings during account setup.
- Oversized PST File
- Intermittent failure of the POP3 and SMTP server protocols.
- Incorrect synchronization between Outlook and server
- Virus-infected Outlook emails
If you keep getting this error, please check your username and password by logging into the DNI webmail page with your email and password. If you cannot log into the DNI webmail page, then there is a problem with your username and / or password!
Save Outlook Data File Size
Oversized PST file is becoming the main cause of crashing in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook error 0x800CCC92 is one of them. To not only protect the Outlook data file from errors, reducing or compressing the size of the Outlook PST file can help you optimize Outlook performance for working, indexing, etc. Therefore, always use manual Microsoft Outlook data methods to minimize the oversized PST file:
- Cutting tool
Empty your mailbox if the PST file is too large.
A number of new problems can arise when the PST file exceeds the size limit. You will receive error 0x800CCC92. Optimizing the PST file will not only prevent this error from recurring, but will also improve the overall performance of the application. To optimize Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
Set up automatic archiving in Outlook 2013
- Open your Outlook >> click File >> click Options.
- In the Outlook Options pane, click the Advanced pane.
- Under AutoArchive, click the AutoArchive Options button.
- Set the Run AutoArchive option, which is 14 days.
- Leave the entire field selected as shown in the following screenshot and then click OK.
Time to reset your password
In many cases, the message in question is passed to a password. If you receive a message about an incorrect password, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Unable to access your account” link located just below the “Login” button to reset your password.
- Discover the small circular cell. I forgot my password and clicked “Next”.
- Confirm the captcha and create a new password.
- After logging in with the password you just generated or the old password, run the System / SFC File Checker to resolve the Windows Live Mail error 0x800CCC92.
- Press the Windows logo key, type cm and press Enter.
- The “Approve UAC Confirmation Request” pop-up is positive to run an elevated command prompt.
- Copy the sfc / scannow code, then paste it into the command line. Press Enter to start scanning.
- The status of the scanning process is constantly displayed on the command line, and the entire task takes about half an hour. Wait for it to finish.
- Try logging into the Windows Live Mail application using the password you just generated.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.