- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
There are many types of blue screen of death (BSOD) errors, one of which is related to win32kbase.sys. We understand that this problem can be an unpleasant surprise that no one wants to see. That’s why we put together this article to educate our readers.
When playing a game or video on the computer, the screen suddenly turns blue and displays the error: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPT (win32kbase.sys). You are not alone. Many Windows users have faced this problem. But don’t worry, it can be fixed. And you can try the following methods to fix this problem.
What is win32kbase.sys error on Windows 10?
SYS files such as win32kbase.sys are essential system files or third party device drivers that play an important role in the Windows operating system. They usually allow external or internal hardware to communicate with the operating system and software. Windows contains critical SYS files or kernel-mode device drivers that are required for the operating system to function. Some contain configuration parameters that ask the operating system which device drivers to load. Without driver files such as win32kbase.sys, you would not even be able to perform simple tasks such as playing a video or printing a document.
In most cases, you will see SYS file errors due to corrupted device drivers or faulty hardware. Since win32kbase.sys is vital to the functionality of Windows 10, any damage to this file can lead to critical system errors such as Blue Screen of Death. We have listed several methods you can use to learn
Run System File Checker
The win32kbase.sys blue screen error can be caused by a corrupted system file. You can run the System File Checker tool and check if any system files are missing or damaged. If they are, the sfc / scannow (System File Checker) command will fix them.
How to run System File Checker to fix win32kbase.sys problem:
- Enter cmd in the Windows search box.
- In the results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- When prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
- At the command prompt, type sfc / scannow and press Enter.
- Note: there is a space between sfc and / scannow.
- It should run a system scan first and take a while. When it finishes restarting your computer and looking for the problem with win32kbase.sys. Or you can try method 2 below.
Use DISM Tool
Another tool that you can use to check your system and fix the win32kbase.sys issue is DISM.exe. It can help repair damaged system files. How to use DISM tool:
- Click Start.
- Enter “command line” in the search box.
- Either remove it from the list of results, or right-click Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
- From an Administrator Command Prompt: Enter the following commands. Press Enter after each command:
- DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup / Health Check
- DISM.exe / Online / Clean image / Restore performance
- To close the Administrator Command Prompt: Type quit and press Enter.
- Note: the program can last from 15 to 20 minutes. So don’t undo it.
Check if you have overclocked your hardware
Many computer geeks strive to overclock their hardware for better performance. If you are one of them, overclocking may be causing the problem. What you might have overclocked could include your CPU, GPU, or memory. Either way, trying to get more power through overclocking can lead to BSOD if you go too far. The first logical step is to restore it to its original state. However, if you don’t have enough power, you can try overclocking in very small steps to see if the problem recurs. If overclocking was the problem, you can see exactly when to go too far and stop in small steps. This prevents problems like BSODs and prolongs the lifespan of your devices.
Therefore, beware of the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys) error. The above methods are clear to everyone. When you’re done, your system will be up and running in no time.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.