- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
When browsing the internet, you may encounter blue screen error 0x00000133. 0x00000133 is also known as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error checking. In most cases, the error is caused by hardware and driver issues.
DPC Watchdog Violation is a very common 0x00000133 blue screen of death (BSOD) error check on Windows 10 computers. DPC stands for deferred procedure call, and Watchdog is an electronic timer that helps to detect and fix computer malfunctions. computer. When a DPC watchdog violation occurs, it means the watchdog detects a DPC that has been running for too long and therefore stops the process to avoid damaging your data or your system.
This is due to factors such as: B. Unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver, hardware incompatibility issues, or corrupted system files. If you’re using an SSD on your Windows computer, the first thing to do is check the firmware version of the SSD and make sure it’s up to date.
BSOD error data
If you encounter a blue screen of death, it will indicate a specific error before restarting. If the system restarts before you can check the error, follow these steps to prevent the computer from restarting.
- Hold down the Windows key and press the pause key.
- Click on Advanced System Settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
- Uncheck the Auto restart box under System errors and click OK.
- This will prevent your system from restarting when you see a blue screen so you can see the exact error. You may see the error code under Technical Information on a blue screen, or Windows will ask you to look for a specific error depending on your version of Windows.
Change SATA AHCI controller driver
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Replace your family’s SATA AHCI controller with a standard SATA AHCI controller to solve this problem.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
2) Expand IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers. Right click on SATA AHCI Controller and select Update Driver.
3) Click on my computer, find drivers.
4) Click Allow selection from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5) Click Standard SATA AHCI Controller, then click Next. Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
6) Restart your computer and see if you see a blue screen or not.
Using the Driver Verifier
Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to improve stability and reliability. You can use this tool to troubleshoot driver problems. Windows kernel-mode components can damage the system or cause the system to crash due to misspelled driver; B. An earlier version of the Windows Driver Model (WDM).
If a third-party driver is considered an option, enabling Driver Verifier will significantly help eliminate the unauthorized driver when it detects a violation.
Update SSD firmware if available
- Open the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel”.
- Click Show to see small icons and find the system.
- In the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Double click Hard Drives.
- Write down the model number of your SSD and search for the firmware on Google.
- Find the specific firmware and instructions for installing your player’s firmware.
Disable Fast Startup
A number of Windows users are reporting on the Microsoft Forum / Reddit. Disabling Fast Startup fixes most of the blue screen errors for them. Fast Startup (Hybrid Shutdown) Reduces startup times and speeds up Windows startup. But sometimes there are various problems with the quick start functions. Therefore, we recommend only disabling Fast Startup so that the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error does not enable the Blue Screen error in Windows 10.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.