Error 0x000000124 is a dreaded blue screen problem that causes Windows to shutdown or restart.
An extended error message appears indicating that a fatal hardware problem has been detected in the system.
The error message contains code 0x000000124 and it is very clear that this is mainly a hardware problem. And it is often caused by a damaged or incompatible driver on your computer. This can happen in Windows 7 and Windows 10. You will learn two simple and useful methods for solving this problem:
Here are some simple and helpful ways to fix this problem:
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Option
Applying a driver signature is a built-in Windows feature. This will boot your computer. The drivers are signed by Microsoft only to protect your computer. If you are confident in the safety of the unsigned drivers causing this blue screen error, you can try disabling this feature to fix your problem.
If you are using Windows 7, do the following:
1) Restart your computer and press F8 continuously before you see your computer logo to access the boot options menu.
Note: The key to enter the boot option can be F2, F8, F10, F12, Esc or Del, etc. If you are unsure, check with your computer manufacturer.
2) Press the ↓ arrow key to select Disable Driver Signing Disable, and then press Enter.
3) Make sure no blue screen reappears.
Boot into Safe Mode
Try starting your computer in Safe Mode and check if the problem persists:
and. Restart your computer and press F8 on your keyboard. On a computer configured to run multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the Start menu appears.
b. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears and press Enter.
Against When the Start menu reappears and the words Safe Mode appear, select the installation you want to run and press ENTER.
If your computer is running in Safe Mode, you might conclude that the problem is with third-party software.
Open the blue screen troubleshooter
Windows 10 includes many bug fixes that you can use to troubleshoot software and hardware issues. The Blue Screen Troubleshooter can help you fix error 0x00000124.
You can open this hotfix in the Settings app as follows.
- Click the Cortana button and type troubleshooter in the search box.
- Select Troubleshoot to open the window in the screenshot below that contains a list of fixes.
- Select the blue screen troubleshooter and click the Run the troubleshooter button to open the window directly below. Troubleshoot will scan automatically.
Restart your in Clean Boot
- You must be logged into your computer as an administrator to perform a clean restart.
- Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality if you start it without problems. If you start the computer normally, the functionality will return. If the issue persists, you may receive an error message or original behavior.
- If your computer is connected to a network, you will not be able to complete these steps due to network policy settings. It is strongly recommended that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change advanced startup options for your computer, unless otherwise directed by a Microsoft support engineer. This could render the computer unusable.