Error code 1648 and other critical errors can occur if your Windows operating system is damaged. The opening of the program is slowed down and the response time is delayed. Crashes and freezes can occur when launching multiple applications. There can be many reasons for this error, including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware / RAM leaks, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant software installations, etc.
Here are some solutions you can use to fix error code 1648 on Windows.
Go to your work computer, boot it, create a bootable copy and reinstall.
- Download official Windows 10 ISO files.
- How To: Reinstall Windows 10.
There are several manual ways to fix this error code. However, this method is only intended for computer experts and not for beginners:
Uninstall the Current Driver as Follows:
- Open Start and Run and enter “sysdm.cpl” in the text box.
- And press Enter.
- Click the Hardware tab in the System Properties dialog box.
- Then click on “Device Manager”.
- Double-click Device Type, then double-click error code 1648.
- Go to the Driver tab and click the Uninstall button to completely remove the driver from the device.
Windows Installer error code 1618 is also often displayed when trying to install multiple programs at the same time. For example, if you are installing Skype on Windows and installing updates.
To fix this problem, make sure you are not installing other programs before installing the application. When Windows installs updates, you can wait for the installation to complete or manually stop the Microsoft installation process. If that doesn’t work, restart your computer and try again.
To Manually Stop the Microsoft Installation Process
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del + Del and launch the task manager.
- In the Processes tab, select MSIEXEC.EXE.
- Click on End Process.
- Install the app