- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Typically, the 5004 0X7E error code is caused by misconfigured system files that are causing registry errors on your operating system. Windows errors can lead to program crashes, slow PC performance, system crashes, computer freezes, etc.
Registration errors usually occur when new programs are installed over older programs without completely removing the old programs. This can lead to registry collection and error messages. Another possible cause of these error messages could be malware such as adware, spyware, and viruses.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Unregister/ Re-register Installer Engine
You can try uninstalling the installer engine and register and check again.
a. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd and select Run as administrator.
b. At the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:
- MSIExec /Logout
- MSIExec /regserver
c. Try uninstalling the program again.
Use System Restore
- Start your computer and log in as administrator.
- Click the “Start” button, select “All Programs”, “Accessories”, “System Tools” and click “System Restore“.
- In the new window select “Reset computer to a previous date” and click “Next”.
- Select the last system restore point from the “Select a restore point from this list” list, and then click “Next””.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Restart the computer after the recovery is complete.
Identify Missing Stdole Files
This issue can occur if one or more of the following files are missing from the Windows System32 or WINNT System32 folder:
Follow the instructions below:
- Click Start> Find> Files or Folders.
- Enter stdole * .tlb for All or part of the file name to find missing files.
- In the Look In box, click the C drive.
- Pay attention to the missing files.
Correct permissions in the registry
Here is a solution regarding registry permissions in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE, which includes the following steps:
Pass the permissions of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE key to its children by doing the following:
1) Right click on the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE
2) Click “Permissions …”.
3) On the “Security” tab, click “Advanced”.
4) Select the Replace the authorization entries for all subordinate objects with the entries displayed here that apply to subordinate objects check box.
Rename the names of the installation folders
Rename C: Program FilesCommon FilesInstallshieldProfessional or C: Program Files (x86) Common FilesInstallshieldProfessional to something other than Professional. For example “Pro” and repeat the installation.
Copy executables from another computer
If you have another client computer with the same version of the operating system, you can simply copy the files from the active client to the problem client.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.