- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Several Windows users have contacted us with questions after they encountered error code 0x8007045B while trying to install certain updates or after they were unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows. Most of the affected users experiencing this update issue report that multiple updates are not working with the same error code. In fact, the issue is not specific to a specific version of Windows as it has been confirmed to appear on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
What are the causes of error code 0x8007045B on Windows?
We investigated this specific issue by looking at various user reports and the most common recovery strategies used to resolve this issue. In fact, this error message is triggered in different scenarios. Here is a short list of potential criminals:
- Damage to system files
- WU distribution
- Third party interference
If you are currently looking for ways to troubleshoot error code 0x8007045B, this article will provide you with several troubleshooting strategies. Below is a set of methods that other users in a similar situation have successfully used to solve the problem.
Scanning deployment images and system files
Often users have to restore corrupted system files to fix error 0x8007045b.
- To do this, open a Windows search box.
- Enter cmd in the search box to find a hint.
- You need to open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Right-click Command Prompt to open a context menu where you can select Run as administrator.
- Enter DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / Restorehealth to run a proactive scan of deployment images.
- Press Enter to start scanning.
- Then enter sfc / scannow. and press Enter.
- Wait for the System File Checker scan to complete. Restart Windows after scanning is complete.
Restore previous version of Windows
Ctrl + Alt + Del
When the computer is on and appears on the black screen, open the keyboard and simultaneously press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys.
You can hold the Ctrl and Alt keys in the bottom left corner and then hold the Delete key in the top right corner of the keyboard (depending on your computer’s keyboard, these options may vary from area to area – define them first).
Find the power
Go to the bottom right corner, and you will find the “Power” icon.
Left-click the power icon to expand the menu. This gives you the following options:
- Shut down
- Start over
It is important to hold Shift + restart
Hold down the Shift key. You must be able to use the mouse. So use your other hand, not your mouse, to hold the Shift key.
Press and point the mouse pointer again to the word “restart” on the left.
You should see the pivot points with the words “Wait”.
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter
The Windows Update Troubleshooter is a utility built into Windows 10 for troubleshooting update problems.
- To open this troubleshooter, click Enter here to view the button on the taskbar.
- Enter the keyword “troubleshoot” to go to the “troubleshoot” tab.
- Click Troubleshooting Options to open that tab in options.
- On the Troubleshoot tab, click Windows Update.
- Then click the Run this troubleshooter button to start troubleshooting.
- Thereafter, the hotfix may offer a possible solution for error 0x8007045b. If so, click the Apply this fix option.
- Restart Windows before checking for updates again.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.