- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Windows Update is a Microsoft service that provides updates for Microsoft software, including Windows operating systems. Windows Update provides updates in the form of fixes and service packs. The main goal of Windows Update is to keep operating systems up to date with advanced security features and improvements. Every second Tuesday of the month is called patch Tuesday. This is the day that Microsoft regularly releases security patches and updates to users of Windows operating systems.
Windows can generate various errors during the upgrade process, including error code “0x80073712”. This usually means that Windows Update needs missing or corrupted files to complete the update. If you see this error code, Windows Update will not be able to complete the operating system update and installation of updates. This error can be caused by incomplete software installation / removal.
Many users face Windows Update error code 0x80073712. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix this problem. In the next tutorial, we will describe a number of methods.
Temporarily disable your antivirus software
To check, turn off your antivirus software and check for updates.
Almost all anti-virus programs can be temporarily disabled by following these steps.
- Look for the antivirus icon in the Windows notification area.
- When you find the antivirus icon, right-click the icon and select Disable, Stop, Stop, or something similar. In some cases, you may need to open the program and disable it from the program menu.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
This is a troubleshooter built into Windows. It checks if your computer is connected to the Internet and verifies that your network card and Windows Update services are working properly.
This is how it works:
- Select the operating system that is causing the problem. The patch supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Windows 10 users will be prompted to download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Other versions also have their own stores.
- The wizard may prompt you to download additional files if the previous step did not resolve the issue. For example, you might be prompted to download the latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU), download the latest Knowledge Base update file, or fix a corrupted Windows file.
Updated: March 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Clear Internet Explorer Settings
- Click the Start menu.
- Type “Internet Options” and press Enter.
- Then go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Then click “Reset”.
- Now activate the option “Reset personal settings”.
- Click Reset.
Make sure the following services are running.
- Windows Update
- Automatic maintenance
- Intelligent transfer service in the background
- Cryptographic services
Check this information in the service management tool.
- Enter services.msc in the search box at startup. The service management tool will open.
- Find the services listed above.
- Double click the service.
- Check the startup method. Make sure it is not disabled.
- If it is disabled, start the service.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Close the window.
Clean up temporary system files
- Click the Start menu.
- Enter “run” after clicking the “start” menu.
- The Run dialog box will open.
- Now enter the command “temp” and press Enter.
- With the Temp folder open, hold down CTRL and A at the same time.
- Now hold down the Shift key and press Enter.
- When prompted to click Yes or OK and Next, check the box to apply the actions to all files and click the appropriate button to continue.
- When prompted again, select the check box to redo the steps, then click Skip.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.