- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
Microsoft Outlook has a complete set of different features, as well as many complex features that require a complex email management task. Often, unexpected errors in various client programs such as Windows Live Mail, MS Outlook or other third-party POP3 mail applications affect the routine work performed by users. The tedious part comes when it takes a lot of research to fix these mistakes.
One of such errors that occurs when sending or receiving messages in MS Outlook: “Timed out while waiting for a connection with the server 0x800ccc19”. In this blog post, we will discuss this error in detail, as well as the reasons for this error and possible methods of our own to fix it.
Causes of error 0x800ccc19
There are many factors that can cause error 0x800ccc19. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- One of the most common causes of this error is a misconfigured system file. One of these files is the pop3uidi file, which turns out to be the main culprit for this error.
- A firewall or many antivirus programs can be a huge obstacle as they scan every message as it is loaded into your inbox and block access to your email. It is recommended that you temporarily disable these programs to check if your antivirus is causing this error.
- Other possible causes could be a wrong port number, poor internet connection, or an error syncing data with Outlook.
Analyze your registry
A very common cause of this error is the corruption of the operating system registry. If you don’t know what registry it is, it is essentially a library system that stores all the important data about your operating system, such as: B. configuration, theme and program.
Every time you install a program on your computer, entries are made in your registry that the operating system uses when you open and use that particular program. However, when installing and uninstalling programs, most of this record is left behind, which leads to a number of problems, such as: B. Poor system performance, random errors, programs that do not work. stepwise and unstable system.
Delete the Pop3uidl file
- A corrupted pop3uidl file may be causing the error 0x800CCC19 you are getting. In this case, you want to find this file and delete it. This can be done as follows.
- First, log into your computer as an administrator.
- Then click Start -> Search.
- After downloading the Search Results applet, click All Files and Folders.
- Then enter pop3uidl in the “All or part of the file name” field and click “Search”.
- When it finds the pop3uidl file, right-click it and choose Delete.
- Finally, click Yes to confirm deleting the file. Then close the applet and restart your computer.
Temporarily disable antivirus protection:
If a third-party antivirus is installed, we recommend uninstalling or disabling the antivirus and checking it. Windows Outlook continues to malfunction.
- In the Windows notification area, click the Microsoft Security Essentials icon, and then click Open.
- Click the Options tab, then click Real-time Protection.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable real-time protection (recommended).
- Save your changes.
The above error code is displayed due to various Windows messaging applications and software. Error 0x800ccc19 occurs on Windows and then affects email in the Mail application causing problems with the Pop3 port 110 protocol. Additionally, this error has been increasing in Windows Mail since the day Microsoft removed security support for Windows Live Mail applications.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.