- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer for problems.
- The tool will then fix the issues that were found.
This error indicates that the list of page frame numbers (PFN) is corrupted. It’s kind of a blue screen of death (B.S.O.D.) problem. This error is also known as a critical Windows error. This error is also caused by a hardware or software problem. Due to this error, your computer crashed and displayed a blue screen error. This is a kind of error checking error 0x0000004E problem.
So, here are the best guides and best practices to effectively troubleshoot and resolve this type of error checking error. 0x0000004E Stopcode Windows Blue Screen of Death BSOD The problem with the PC is constantly on your side.
Antivirus definition update
First, make sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run file antivirus.
Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, find the following items corresponding to the problem, double-click the error. Information may indicate errors. The source of the problem.
Run Disk Cleanup on your Windows PC
- Go to Start Menu
- Search for or go to Disk Cleanup.
- or you can find it by typing “Disk Cleanup” in the search box.
- Click on it and open
- Select the options you want to remove and activate them.
- From there click OK to start
- Then close the tab
- That’s all
To resolve this error, a disk cleanup of files will be performed. Error 0x0000004E Windows 7 code problem quickly and fixes most errors this way.
Disable Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive can also generate BSoD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT errors. Therefore, we recommend that you turn off OneDrive and see what happens after you turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
- Open Group Policy by pressing Windows + S. Select Change Group Policy.
- After opening the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to Local Computer Policy> Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> OneDrive in the left pane.
- In the right pane, locate OneDrive for file storage and double-click it.
- Select Enabled, click Apply and OK to disable OneDrive.
Scan and test your RAM using the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool in Windows by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R> type mdsched.exe> press Enter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the scan.
- If the blue screen error is preventing you from starting Windows, you can try starting Windows in Safe Mode and running a scan from there. It should also allow you to copy data and perform other troubleshooting tasks.
If Windows doesn’t even start in Safe Mode, you can run a hardware scan through the BIOS of most computers. Just restart your computer and enter BIOS to find the scan, or restart your computer and find on-screen prompts to scan your RAM and hard drive.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.