The network is one of the most important components of a computer. The exchange of information between devices of all types is now also possible using network devices. The netio.sys file is an important system file associated with your computer’s network drivers. It is also used by third-party programs to interact with devices on the network. Today we are going to check out how to fix blue screen errors caused by netio.sys.
You may encounter the following BSOD errors associated with this netio.sys file:
- KMODE EXCEPTION IS NOT MANAGED.
- DEFAULT PAGE IN AREA WITHOUT PAPILLA.
- IRQL IS NOT LESS EQUAL.
- DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
- SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION IS NOT CONTROLLED.
There are many reasons for this problem. It could be due to incorrect software or corrupted files on your system, or problems with your hardware. But whatever the reason, this is definitely a frustrating problem. This can cause your computer to crash frequently. In this situation, you cannot even use your computer.
Temporarily disable your security software
Sometimes this error occurs because your security software interferes with certain features of your operating system. Disable your antivirus or firewall temporarily and see if the problem persists to see if this is the problem for you. (See the documentation for your security software for how to disable it.)
If this solves your problem, contact your security software manufacturer and ask for advice or install another security solution.
IMPORTANT: Pay close attention to the websites you visit, the emails you open, and the files you download when your antivirus or firewall is turned off.
Install the latest Windows updates
Microsoft is constantly releasing patches with fixes and drivers for your Windows PC.
Therefore, make sure you are using the latest operating system on your computer. This will save your computer from problems, especially when it comes to Microsoft products. Here’s how to run Windows Update on your PC.
- Go to Start> type “Windows Update” and press the “Enter” key.
- In the Windows Update window, click the Check for Updates button.
Perform startup repairs
- When the system restarts, press Shift + F8 to open advanced legacy boot options.
- Then, from the options screen, select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Auto Start / Repair.
- Let Automatic Repair fix the problem with your computer, it may take a while.
- Restart your computer.
Run Check Disk
The NETIO.SYS blue screen error can also occur due to errors on your hard drive. You can check the status of your hard drive and see if there is a problem. You can run the hard drive troubleshooter called Check Disk in Windows to scan and repair your hard drive.
1) Boot your computer from the Windows installation media.
2) Enter your language and region settings and click Next.
3) Click “Repair your computer”.
4) Open a command prompt. Please note that the steps for this on the Windows 10 installation media are different from Windows 7. The following shows how to open a command prompt on these different media.